Doc’s Blog

Dr. Andry’s Band Blog

Warrior News

| 0 comments

Dear Warrior Band Parents,

This is just a quick update on the progress of our band. I couldn’t be happier with the progress we are making this year. The show is learned, all we need to do is polish it up and tweak a few things for competition. Our Jazz Ensemble and Combo are able to do a full 2 hour show right now if needed. Speaking of which, we will be performing for Grandparents’ Day this Sunday at 2 PM. This year, the Marching Band, Drum Line, Combo, and Jazz Band will be performing. Students need to report to the Gym for 1:30 in their school dress uniform to get a sound check before we begin. We should be finished after the prayer service around 3:30, at which time we will need to bring equipment back to the band room.

Parents, come on out and enjoy a nice dinner while you listen to some incredibly talented musicians tomorrow, Thursday, October 8. Our Combo will be performing at La Carreta Restaurant in Denham Springs from 6 – 8 PM. The owner of the restaurant’s children are in my band at SJV and will be future Warrior Band members (a bass/trombone player and a saxophonist).

135 Veterans Blvd.
Denham Springs, LA 70726

Because of the great progress our Marching Band has made this semester and the fact that members of our combo will need to be at the restaurant by 5:30, I am canceling our Thursday after school rehearsal this week(tomorrow)! The timing for this comes at an opportune time as we will not be performing our competition show at Plaquemine this Friday.

One more thing. By Monday, I will be putting together a preliminary itinerary for our band trip to Orlando, which will take place at the end of next March. Please plan on sending a $100 deposit (all checks made payable to St. Michael) by October 30. Again this year, I am trying to keep the total cost of this trip below $400 per student. This will include Disney park hopper passes for three days, our participation in Festival Disney (competition), two nights at the Radisson Resort Hotel, chartered bus transportation, and 5 prepaid meals.

You will be hearing from me soon about details and an itinerary soon.

Doc