Doc’s Blog

Dr. Andry’s Band Blog

Dutchtown Marching Band Festival

| 0 comments

Dear Band Parents, Friends, and Alumni,

Our performance for the Dutchtown Marching Band Festival is 10 AM Saturday, October 19, at Dutchtown High School. Here are details for the event:

• Parents will need to provide transportation to and from Dutchtown High School for the event.
  • Students need to report NO LATER than 8:50 AM. Please assemble by our white band trailer.
  • Students will need to bring clothes to change into after our performance and money for lunch.
  • Students will be dismissed AFTER the awards ceremony, which is scheduled for 3:15 PM.

We have worked very hard to get to this point and I am very excited to see the progress our young musicians have made. We have the potential to be one of the best bands I’ve ever put on a field! My plan is to take the judges’ comments from this festival and use them to polish our show for the “Classic on the Cane” festival November 2.

Please be reminded that Open House is right around the corner as well. Members of the Jazz Ensemble and the Drum line will be performing for this event. The event is Wednesday, October 23, and will begin at 4:30. Your child will be given more instructions as the event gets nearer.

I am looking forward to putting all our hard work to the test at Dutchtown. Thank you to the parents who have relentlessly helped to make this event special.

Finally, our dates for our Disney trip have been locked in. We will leave St. Michael Wednesday at 7 PM on the evening of April 1 and will return to home Sunday morning, April 5th around 8 AM. We will be staying at the Grand Orlando Resort at Celebration in Kissimee (2900 Parkway Blvd, Kissimmee, FL 34747). I will be sending more information home in the future.

Doc