Doc’s Blog

Dr. Andry’s Band Blog

Homecoming for Alumni and More

| 0 comments

Dear Band Parents, Students, and Alumni,

We will have our annual Homecoming Pregame Performance Friday, October 4, at Olympia Field. All alumni are welcome to join us! You should have received something from our Alumi Director. Please email me kandry@smhsbr.org if you need more information (how to download music, etc.)

Here are some important dates for my current parents:

This Wednesday, the 25th, our Jazz Ensemble will perform for about 7-10 minutes for the District Student Counsel Rally. Please report to the band room for 6:15. We will play at 6:30 and be finished by 6:45. Dress will be casual, jeans but no shorts.

You should have the marching band festival dates already, but I wanted to make sure you have:

Dutchtown Marching Band Festival – October 19

Classic on the Cane Marching Band Festival – November 2.

We will plan on having a “Hammer and Nails” party, Tuesday, October 1 after band practice (start at 5 PM). We will be making our “star” props for our contest show and we can start working on the shelves in the band room for our trophies. Please email me if you are able to help so I can get an idea how many will be working. I have some tools but will also be needing some extra hammers and nails, and maybe a couple cordless drills. I will pick up supplies this weekend.  I hope this covers it for a few weeks. It’s going to be a busy couple of weeks ahead.

Thanks,

Doc