Doc’s Blog

Dr. Andry’s Band Blog

Classic on the Cane

| 0 comments

Dear Band Parents, Friends, and Alumni,

I sure don’t have to tell you we’ve had a very busy past couple of weeks. The good news is, after this Saturday, we can come up for air! You need to know that this week’s after school rehearsals will be our last marching band rehearsals. We will, however, have a rehearsal or two in November to prepare for our Christmas Concert. I will also take interested students Christmas caroling at a couple of nursing homes (to earn those coveted “A” hours) in early December, so be on the look out from your children for that.

Here are the details for this Saturday:

• Busses will leave St. Michael at 7:30 AM.
  • We perform in Natchitoches at noon.
  • It’s going to be very cold so students need to dress appropriately. They will be spending a lot of time in the stadium watching some of the elite high school bands in Louisiana.
  • They will need to bring $10 in cash to me to pay for their lunch buffet. We will go to the cafeteria on campus for lunch after we perform (also to get out of the cold).
  • We will provide some sort of protein bar or a fruit and grain bar with a small bottle of water for them to eat on the way to Natchitoches.
  • We will provide a quick “grab and go” chicken wrap and water for the ride home, which will be after the awards ceremony which is scheduled to begin at 7 PM.
  • We will make a quick, bathroom only (no purchasing drinks or snacks) on the way there and then again on the way back.
  • Students should also bring money to purchase snacks, burgers, hot dogs, chili, hot chocolate, etc. in the stands during the competition.
  • If students feel like they need to “graze” on the bus, that’s fine. Bring their halloween candy etc. with them.
  • Admission for non-performers is $5.

I hope this answers all your questions.

Doc