Doc’s Blog

Dr. Andry’s Band Blog

A few items and a correction.

| 0 comments

Dear Band Parents, former students, former band parents, and current students,

I wanted to update you on our plans to attend this Friday’s playoff game. We will be leaving campus around 4:40. The pregame meal will be Raising Cane’s ($6).  We will do our annual “playoff game” halftime show, a taste of Christmas in a Latin, improvisation style. It’s a lot of fun. Students should wear a Santa Clause hat for this if you have one. You do not have to go out and purchase one for this.

Speaking of Christmas; we will be kicking off our Moonlight and Jazz campaign shortly. Tickets to Moonlight and Jazz make GREAT Christmas gifts. I have bought tickets for my parents and in-laws for 9 years now. 🙂  Also, the date on the Warrior Band Newsletter (published in July) has an incorrect date for our Christmas Concert. The correct date is Sunday, December 6, at 1 PM.

We are through with after school rehearsals for our marching season. We will, however, have two after school rehearsals to put all my classes together for our Christmas concert. These will be on the Tuesday (Dec. 1) and Thursday (Dec. 3).

Doc