Doc’s Blog

Dr. Andry’s Band Blog

Meds for the Disney Trip

| 0 comments

Dear Band Parents and Students,

This is just a quick post about how I will be handling student medications during our trip to Orlando. I will not and cannot administer medication to students. I will, however, be prudent in my approach to the subject. Here’s what each one has to do: Place all medications in a ziplock bag and only a 4 day’s supply, with the dosage, student’s name, etc. on a card in the ziplock bag. The student will be responsible for taking his or her own medication each day. I will have students show me their bags before we leave. Parents, please help to make sure this gets done properly. I know that I have many students taking medication for everything from allergies to acne medication but I only want a four day’s supply on board with us.

I assigned park tickets to students today. I am hesitant about giving students your tickets to the parks. So, I will have your tickets available to pick up after tomorrow’s after-school rehearsal. I know my students would feel horrible if something were to happen and they would loose your park ticket before our trip. I collected all their tickets today and will pass them out again next Thursday morning as we are exiting the bus to enter the park.

One more thing. We need to have our ducks in a row before we leave for our trip for Moonlight and Jazz. So, if you were waiting until the last minute to purchase yours, now’s the last minute! I have to give White Oak Plantation a number by next Monday! Let’s make this year’s event the best ever!

Thanks

Doc