Doc’s Blog

Dr. Andry’s Band Blog

Congratulations to our Jazz Members!

| 3 Comments

Congratulations go out to all our Jazz Ensemble members who auditioned for the All Parish Honor Band. I am happy to report that everyone from SMHS who auditioned made the band! Earning spots in the trombone section were: Dane Harter (first chair) and Nathan Zeringue (second chair). Making it on third trumpet was Jacob Barrios. Trey Parker also made the prestigious honor band as the second alto player. These students will join students from across the parish for a concert at the Manship Theater in February.

On a sad note, senior trombonist, David Bell’s mother, Lynette, lost her courageous battle with cancer this morning. David’s family is quiet and I know he would not want me to mention this on my blog, but I have always told my students that we are family! As family; when we work, we work together. When we play, we play together. Now, I ask that we all pray together for David, his sister, Jessica (class of 2013), and their dad, David, during this tough time for their family. Lynette was the sweetest, and she will be missed. I know there is another sweet angel in heaven today.

Doc

3 Comments