Doc’s Blog

Dr. Andry’s Band Blog

District Assessment Festival

| 0 comments

Dear Band Parents,

I have now received our performance time for this year’s District IV Large Ensemble Assessment Festival. We perform Tuesday, March 6, at 10 AM at Zachary High School. The performance on stage is open to the public, so if you’re free that morning, we would love to have you in the audience to cheer for our young musicians. The second half of our assessment (sight-reading) is not, so we will have to enter unaccompanied. Your child will be receiving an excursion form this week. We will leave St. Michael at 8 AM on buses to arrive at Zachary High School in time for our warm-up at 9:30. Students will need money for lunch on the return trip back to St. Michael.

That evening, at 7 PM, our St. Michael Jazz Ensemble will be performing at the Fortier-Gerbrecht Jazz Invitational at the Manship Theater. This concert features performances from some of the premier high school jazz programs in the area. Our performance time is actually at 8:20 but the concert begins at 7. There is a $5 admission fee for this concert.

We haven’t received our performance times for Disney yet, but I expect to get our times any day now. I plan on having a meeting of all those going to Disney on Wednesday evening, March 7 at 6:30. I will distribute park tickets and we will set up our fast passes at that time. I will then COLLECT the tickets back from you so no one loses their ticket before we arrive in the parks in April. It is not imperative that adults attend the meeting unless you want to try to get your fast passes around the same time as us. I do ask that parents who plan on supervising as chaperones attend this meeting to get instructions from me. When I receive our performance times from Festival Disney, I will put together a final itinerary and will publish it on this blog. I will also email you a copy of the itinerary.

Those of you who have still not paid your final balance for the trip need to do so now. I will be writing checks next week for the hotel and for the charter bus. Our hotel, the Radison, was sold during the Christmas break. The new name of the hotel is the Grand Orlando Celebration https://grandorlandoresortcelebration.com/. It looks like it is becoming a Marriot Hotel. Our reservations are still good, so no worries there.

Email me if you have any additional questions.

Doc