Doc’s Blog

Dr. Andry’s Band Blog

Important dates to round out the year

| 0 comments

Dear Band Parents and Students,

Here are a few dates to round out the end of this year. We will have a very busy schedule the week we get back from our Easter Break. First, I have now received our schedule for the Regional State Band Assessment. We perform Wednesday, April 26, at 10:30, at Baton Rouge High School. I will be taking care of excursion forms this week. Dress will be concert black!

We have one after school rehearsal this week and that will be tomorrow at our regular time. We will have one more rehearsal to prepare for state and that will be Sunday, April 23 from 2-4. I had originally scheduled this for 4-6 with pizza begin served afterward, but the Warrior Club is having their senior BBQ at four.

Our Spring Concert is Tuesday, April 25 at 6:30 PM. All students are required to attend. Dress will be concert black.

Our Band Convocation will be Sunday, April 30 at 6 PM in the cafeteria. While attendance to this is not mandatory, I do need an RSVP for all those attending so I can be sure to order enough food. Also, while all family members are invited to attend, we will only be able to feed each student and TWO guests. There is no charge to you for this. We will be using profits from Moonlight and Jazz to pay for the meal. I will take RSVPs in class this week!

It’s been an incredible year! All our performances have been superb! Let’s make our state performance our best ever!

Doc