Doc’s Blog

Dr. Andry’s Band Blog

Busy Week

| 0 comments

Dear Parents and Students,

We are caught up in a busy week but it’s going to be a lot of fun. First of all the Jazz Band’s performance Tuesday at the Manship Theater was spectacular. We have already made a few corrections in class and Friday’s performance promises not to disappoint!

We are still having after school rehearsal for the Concert Band today. The schedule will be moved up and we will rehearse from 1:30-3. The district direct found an opening next Tuesday at 11:30 for us so we will perform on Tuesday as we had already planned. We will be back so students can get their normal ride home after school. Tuesday’s performance is at Zachary High School. Our on stage performance is open to the public, so if you’re free around lunch, you are welcome to stop by and hear us!

Students going to Loyola Friday need to report to the band room for 6:15. I want to be loaded up and moving by 6:45 so we can avoid most the the morning carpool traffic at St. Michael. Parents following us to New Orleans should meet in the back of the school. I finally received our performance schedule Tuesday from Loyola. There seems to have been a problem with his outbox because he said he sent the schedule to me 3 times. Anyway, our combo performs first at 9:15 and the big band will perform at 10:40. We will eat immediately after our clinic and attend afternoon master classes and listen to some other bands. The evening will conclude with a concert by the Loyola Faculty Combo at 4:30. We will most likely leave Loyola between 5:45 and 6. We do plan on stopping to celebrate by eating dinner on the way home. I estimate our time of arrival back at school between 8:30 Р9 PM.

Sorry, this is late. Depending our our performances and the judges’ comments, I will determine how much after school rehearsal we will need to polish things up for competition at Disney. Do plan on an after school rehearsal the Tuesday before we get out for our Easter vacation. We will also have to have our big push forward to prepare for Moonlight and Jazz, which will be the Sunday following our return from Disney!

Like I said. It’s going to be a lot of fun!!

Doc